This page will be updated as information changes. Latest update: 7/27/2020 12:00 p.m.
We are currently conducting a survey in the community and will announce the GISW Re-opening Plan on August 7, 2020. Until then, please review this detailed information outlining our current thoughts on re-openings.
- Maryland Coronavirus website
- Maryland Unites website
- News from Governor Hogan
- Maryland State Department of Education
GISW is committed to keeping our community safe, healthy, and informed. Please check this page for updated information on COVID-19. Students and employees, please see the school nurse if you need medical assistance.
- Wear a face mask.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60 percent alcohol. Hand sanitizing stations are located in all campus academic, residential and administration buildings.
- Keep a distance of 6 feet from everybody not living in your household.
- Cough into your sleeve or a tissue, not directly into your hands, and discard tissue immediately.
- Avoid touching your face both when you are ill and when healthy.
- Avoid contact with those who are ill, if possible.
- Avoid sharing food, utensils, cups, and water bottles.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Dealing with the pandemic: Bilingual advice from our GISW counselors
- Optimizing Sleep
- How to help an anxious child calm down
- Meditation Apps
- Managing Anxiety
- Toys to alleviate Anxiety / Stress Spielzeug
- Distance Learning: Keeping Children Motivated (German: Motivation beim Fernunterricht)
- Social Emotional Learning