As of June 1, 2022, the GISW is following an updated version of our Covid-19 Policy. Please view the following documents for details:
GISW implemented mandatory weekly COVID-19 testing for all GISW staff and students (preschool through Grade 12) every Monday and Thursday.
Testing will be done through Capital Diagnostics lab. This testing is free of charge to staff and students. The costs are covered by a grant from the Maryland State Department of Health.
A registration link to the lab can be found below. All staff and students must register for testing. Per the consent form (in the online registration packet), all data will be held in strictest confidence. Our Health Room has online access to test results and in case of a positive result will inform the parents or staff.
When a student misses a Monday or Thursday PCR test, there is no action required as long as they had 1 PCR test at school in that week. A rapid test may be taken at the Nurse’s Station, if Covid symptoms are present. You have the option to get your child tested at any other local pharmacy or laboratory at your own expense. Test results must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For your convenience we provide this list of locations for free Covid tests.
This Covid Testing Program is an important part of GISW's layered approach to keeping our school community as safe as possible.
Instructions for signing up at the Capital Diagnostics website for Monday & Thursday testing:
Capital Diagnostics come to GISW every Monday from 10 am to 2pm and on Thursdays from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm.
- Registration link (if possible use the Microsoft Edge browser): https://capitaldx-patient.limsabc.com/#/
- Click on Register as New Patient.
- For office location type MDHGISP.
- Please agree to the Registration Disclaimer.
- Sign your name in the signature box.
- On the patient info screen, please enter your child’s name, address, and other information if you are signing up for your child. If you are signing up for yourself, please enter your own name and information.
- Please choose the correct auto-fill option when typing your address.
- For insurance choose the option Maryland K-12 schools at the top of the screen.
- Click Submit.
- You will receive an email with a confirmation number. Please bring this number on the day of the first testing!
- After the testing, you will get an email with the link to the results. They will be published as soon as they are available but should be in your inbox no later than Friday evening.
If the form cannot be submitted, try typing “N/A” in the Notes field and check if your address was chosen from the drop down menu (not just typed in).
If you should have any problems, please contact:
the lab Service Manager Jessica Boatman at 301-498-0340
for help in German: Regina Lambeck at 301-767-3814
Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
State of Maryland:
Most importantly, let us resolve to work together in the best interest of our students, faculty, and staff.