Guiding Principles of the German School Washington D.C.
1. The German language and culture are highly valued at our school. They form the foundation of all instruction and of our personal interaction.
2. Our school sees itself as a bridge between various cultures and perspectives with a main focus on German-American relations. We work closely with American institutions as well as international institutions outside the educational arena.
3. The goals of our education are multilingualism, tolerance, and openness to the world.
4. Our students are encouraged to develop their individuality; and to act responsibly towards our society and the environment.
5. The education at our school is based on mutual respect, regardful of human dignity and responsible handling of natural resources.
6. The pedagogical work is based on partnership and cooperation and is supported by parents and guardians.
7. The quality of instruction is ensured by continuous evaluation and targeted training of our staff.
8. All committees and other groups at our school are part of one team.
9. We teach and learn using modern methods and the latest technologies.
All of us work together to live by these principles and to continue to develop them.