Unfortunately, we are experiencing issues with our phone system. Our telephone provider is already working on a solution. In case you need to contact us today, please use email, our internet works. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Leider haben wir Probleme mit unserem Telefonsystem. Unser Telefonanbieter arbeitet bereits an einer Lösung. Falls Sie uns heute kontaktieren möchten, benutzen Sie bitte E-Mail, unser Internet funktioniert. Wir entschuldigen uns für etwaige Unannehmlichkeiten.
The GISW Extended Care Program is provided daily from 3:10 pm to 4:45 pm for students who are in the School Entry Level through ninth grade. Extended Care is an After School Program, which can only be booked for the entire school year, 5 days a week. Group activities and the possibility to complete homework assignments in a quiet environment are the core elements of our program. A teacher brings all bus-riders to the 4:55pm bus and makes sure they get on the correct bus.
On official Early Release days when classes end at 12:15 pm, we offer Extended Care from 12:15 pm to 4:45 pm. To look up Early Release days, please check the school calendar.
- Playgroups - in the school building, on the playground, and in the gymnasium(depending on the time of year and the weather conditions)
- Creative activities such as crafts, painting, etc.
- Board games
- Help with snack preparation and serving
- Individual and group reflections
- Opportunities for rest and relaxation
- Cooking and baking group (on special occasions)
- Celebration of birthdays and seasonal holidays
- Opportunity to complete homework
Extended Care Coordinator: Melanie Schneider email@example.com, 301.767.3854 (after 3:10pm)
To leave a message for us before 3:10pm please call the GISW receptionist at 301.767.3800