The GISW Extended Care Program is provided daily from 3:10 pm to 4:45 pm for students who are in the School Entry Level through ninth grade. Extended Care is an After School Program, which can only be booked for the entire school year, 5 days a week. Group activities and the possibility to complete homework assignments in a quiet environment are the core elements of our program. A teacher brings all bus-riders to the 4:55pm bus and makes sure they get on the correct bus.
On official Early Release days when classes end at 12:15 pm, we offer Extended Care from 12:15 pm to 4:45 pm. To look up Early Release days, please check the school calendar.
- Playgroups - in the school building, on the playground, and in the gymnasium (depending on the time of year and the weather conditions)
- Creative activities such as crafts, painting, etc.
- Board games
- Help with snack preparation and serving
- Individual and group reflections
- Opportunities for rest and relaxation
- Cooking and baking group (on special occasions)
- Celebration of birthdays and seasonal holidays
- Opportunity to complete homework
Extended Care Coordinator: Melanie Schneider firstname.lastname@example.org, 301.767.3854 (after 3:10pm)
To leave a message for us before 3:10pm please call the GISW receptionist at 301.767.3800