The Steering Committee is responsible for the coordination of the school development at the GISW and oversees the work of project groups. The members of the committee come from all areas of the school: Student Government (SMV), Parents‘ Council (SEBR), Faculty Members, Business Office Staff, Board of Directors, Head of School. The inclusion of representatives of each area allows for an oversight of the work of the project groups from variety of different angles and a direct communication to all groups and departments.
The current developmental focal points of the GISW are:
- Strengthening the School Community
- Continuation of the Coaching and Challenging program (FuF)
- Development of instruction supported by media
The Steering Committee
- oversees and coordinates the process of school development and supports the different project groups that are working on developmental focal points based on their action plans
- is responsible for evaluating the measurements within the framework of school development
- informs all groups and departments (SEBR, SMV, Faculty, Board, Business Office) and communicates on the current status of the school development process
The steering group meetings are open to the public and can be attended by guests who register with the steering group management at firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week before the next meeting. Generally, the Steering Group meets on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm. Steering Group meetings are announced in the school calendar on the website and in the Wednesday Mail.