GISW age and entry requirements
Enrolling in Preschool
- GISW’s two year-old-program is open to students who have turned two. No exceptions. Being potty-trained is not a requirement for the year-old-program.
- Preschoolers of the 3 and 4 year old program need to be potty-trained.
- Students enrolling in all age levels of the GISW Preschool are NOT required to have any previous German language knowledge skills.
Enrolling in School Entry Level (SEL)
- GISW School Entry Level is open to students who turned five years old by August 1 of the same calendar year. Students applying to SEL do not need to speak German.
Enrolling in 1st Grade
- Children who turn six (6) years old by August 31 of the calendar year are eligible to enroll in 1st grade. Basic German Language knowledge required.
- Children who turn six (6) years old between August 2 and December 31 of the calendar year may be admitted to 1st grade based on a written request by their parents, and after an evaluation and consultations between educators of the School Entry Level and the Elementary School.
Please note: These written parent requests need to be submitted to the Front Office of the Elementary School (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 15 of the same calendar year. No exceptions.
Please note: Due to strict regulations by the German Ministry of Education, GISW is unable to accept any new students in Grade 12.